There are many ways to start a home based business. Some are Some are better for the Novice or Newbie than others. I list 7 requirements for the ideal home based business. If these requirements are met, you can count on success without spending a lot of money or taking a long time.
The perfect Home Based Business will:
1. It must provide a very good full time income – Lets face it, I am looking to support my family with this business eventually. If the potential isn’t there, I drop it like a hot potato.
2. Be very inexpensive to start up – I want something that I can spend less than $500 and prove it works before I go full force.
3. Simplicity is the keyword – If my 12 year old could understand it, I will tackle it, otherwise, I will look for something else.
4. It should require very little interfacing with people outside the home – I am not really a people person, and I prefer to be able to interface over the internet.
5. I shouldn’t have to bug my family and friends to “JOIN ME” – I don’t want to collar all my friends and family members and bug them to get involved in my business until after I have shown it to be profitable.
6. Get me profitable in a very short time frame – If I am not showing a profit in this time period, something is wrong. There should be evidence of this potentiality.
7. It should provide recurring or residual income – I prefer to make a sale and have it continually produce for me rather than having to resell the same customer over and over.
Where could one find a Home Based Business that has all of these characteristics? I tried Real Estate and while I made a fortune it flunks out with item 4 as it is people intensive. I also tried traditional MLM or Network Marketing (ten times) and it never worked for me; as a matter of fact I lost around $10K. The newer breed of MLM utilizing the INTERNET might be a totally different story however.
I found the answer in Internet Affiliate Marketing of information products. We live in the information age. People crave more and more information and the place to get it is on the INTERNET. There are hundreds of thousands of information products available on the INTERNET and most of them are available via companies that offer good commissions for affiliates who help sell these products.
Send a blank email to me at WealthyAffiliate@titonsystems.com and I will send you a list of the top affiliate companies in the US.
Find someone who is selling information about something you are interested in and become an affiliate for that product. As an affiliate, you promote the product and each sale that occurs as a result of your promotional efforts pays you a nice commission. These commissions can often be as much as 75%.
Promoting affiliate products on the INTERNET is not that hard to do. Lots of eBooks on the INTERNET lay out various successful techniques for doing it. When you apply these techniques with consistence and persistence you will have a successful Home Based Internet Business. There are lots of people making $3,000, $5,000, $10,000 and more each month promoting affiliate products over the INTERNET. The secret is a repeatable system applied with consistence and persistence.