To avoid being drawn into a home business scam, there are many aspects you will need to investigate. If you examine each opportunity closely, you will begin to see which opportunities are more legitimate and wholesome than others.
– Look at the refund policy. The more limitations the company places on refunds, the more leery you should be. It often takes more than a month to discern whether a opportunity is going to work for you. If the company is more concerned with keeping your money than they are about helping you succeed, steer clear of that one.
– Look for a proven track record. If the company is four years old or newer, there may not be much information from anyone who is not marketing the opportunity. Also, you are better off with a company that is able to stand the test of time. That “special introductory offer” may just be a way to urge you to part with your money.
– Look at the marketing claims. Companies that promise you instant wealth or unbelievable results are probably not to be believed. Make sure you do not fall for a scam or review that is loaded with improbable hype. Do not let yourself become a casualty of their schemes.
– Look for independent indicators of quality and trust. If the company claims to have received awards or that they are in good standing with the BBB, that is promising. Just make sure you check out what they report to see if it is really the truth.
– Look for products that are a good value for the money. In the current economic climate, people are not going to want to buy things that seem overpriced just so you can make a hefty commission.
– Look for prompt assistance and quality support. You are deciding to pursue an opportunity because it is supposed to help you make money. There should be resources and people readily available to train you and answer your questions. Unresponsive or unhelpful companies should be crossed off of your list before you commit to anything. It is also best if you can preview the training materials before you make a final decision, since so many of these materials, which can be costly, are not that valuable or unique.
– Look for a fair compensation plan. You need to find out what the payout structure is and decide if it is going to adequately reward you for your time and effort. Even MLM companies that have been around a while can have meager profit margins for those starting out. Make sure that within a relatively quick time frame you can make more money than you have to invest. You will have to look past promises and theoretical earnings to find actual facts and statistics you can trust.
Sorting through the opportunities offered to people interested in running a home business can be daunting. You have to know what to look for and thoroughly examine your top prospects. Once you have had a chance to compare a dozen or more, you will be better able to decide whether you are looking at a scam or review of a business that is credible.